Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Chalk Drawings

I sometimes like the idea of making a picture that is even bigger than I am. Given that I have more practice house painting than canvas painting, chalk seems to be a good choice.

Chalk has the advantage of being easily washed away. It comes in many colours and can draw on almost anything. And I don't mind the children drawing on the concrete outside as I can easily wash it away when we are done (or leave it until the next time it rains, whichever happens first)

I had the boys lie down on the ground so I could trace around them and then let them colour the outlines in. A giant colouring in project. Here is one young man. He just needs some decoration and clothes.




Before I had a chance to trace a second boy, James drew a picture of himself pulling a grumpy face. I think it is a rather good likeness! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment