Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

A Rainbow of broken crayons

In our house I have a giant tin of crayons. Many of them have been worn down to tiny stubs, some are broken, and some are just too thin for little hands. I hate throwing out craft items that can be used, so I set out to find a use for all of these crayon pieces.

I have to admit that it took me quite a while until I hit on the thought of melting the crayons. Christopher wanted to make a rainbow, so we sat down and grated little piles of crayons and then we made little paper funnels to pour the shavings onto the page in rows. Once the shavings were in the rainbow shape we covered the paper with another blank page and ironed it on a low, no steam setting. When we removed the blank page we ended up with 2 rainbow pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment