Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Play Dough Recipe

Does anyone else have children that start playing with play dough and end up putting it in their mouth? Occasionally mine do, so I like making my own play dough just in case it gets eaten. The only down side is that it doesn't quite last as long as the store bought one.


I collected my few ingredients - flour, cream of tartar, salt, water and oil. Then we measured it all into a saucepan according to the recipe:
1 1/4 cups of Flour
1 cup of Water
1/2 cup of salt (to prevent the play dough going off)
2 Tablespoons of Cream of Tartar
1.5 Tablespoon of Oil


We cooked the play dough over a high heat for 5 minutes and stirred constantly until the dough came together into a sticky lump. It does look wet and very much like goo until the last minute when it all comes together.

Now we have fresh play dough all ready to use. My favourite time to use it is when I have just tipped it out of the pot and it is warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment