Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Stained Glass Houses

This is a really simple craft idea. First I printed out an outline of a house and then cut the house out, leaving the house shape. Bigger children can cut out their own shapes, but since I am planning on taking this one to my mothers group, I thought it was simpler if I prepared the outlines beforehand. 

Then I covered the sheet of paper with contact. I saved the paper  from the contact so I could stick it behind the paper to keep the contact sticky and dust free until we were ready to do the activity.


The next step was to set James up with a container and ask him to tear tissue paper into small pieces, along with a few pieces of cellophane. Here is one of the containers he prepared for me.


Then it is simply a case of peeling the backing off the contact again and letting the little artists decorate their houses. One they finished, I covered the back with contact and stuck them on our window for decoration.



They immediately wanted to make something else so we cut out rocket shapes and butterfly shapes to work on as well. A successful activity for us, I think!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea with a beautiful result! Well done... :)

    ReplyDelete