Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Screen Splatter Painting

I have fond memories of screen splatter painting from when I was small so I finally managed to get around to trying it with my children.


My Dad quickly nailed together a frame for me and I used some fly wire from the shed to staple onto the frame.



We then propped the frame up on two bricks and set the piece of paper underneath (must remember not to take photos of my foot next time!). To make it a little more interesting the children picked some leaves from my jasmine vine and put them on top of the paper. We mixed acrylic paint with water to make it easier to splatter. We used old toothbrushes to dip in the paint and run across the screen and it created our splatter picture. 


We had a quick look to see if there was enough paint on the picture before we removed the leaves.


Now we have to wait for the paintings to dry before we hang them up in the house.

I did find that acrylic paints clogged up the screen, so next time we'll try water colours or inks and see how that goes.

1 comment: