Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Hungry Little Caterpillar Card

We're going to a birthday party this afternoon and need to make a birthday card. I am not very good at remembering to write cards, make them or even turn up with a card. Usually it is not until the time comes to give someone the present we have lovingly wrapped up that I realise this lack.

So when I discovered this week that there is a theme of the Hungry Little Caterpillar I was determined not to forget again! We decided to make a card to match and started to prepare it early.


James has two thumbs. Just the right amount when we have two colours to use for the caterpillar. The left thumb had red paint and after he stamped the head we quickly wrapped it up in paper towel so that nothing else was turned red. The right thumb was dipped in the green paint and he had a lovely time making squelching sounds in time to his stamping of the caterpillars' body. I have to confess that this was our second attempt as the first time I forgot to show him what a caterpillar looked like and we had a trail of green dots all over the car.

Imogen wanted to join in, so I found a small round sponge for her to use as I couldn't bear the thought of finger painting in the house with a 2 year old. We had help from her big brother with the details after the paint dried. 


.

No comments:

Post a Comment