Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Painting Gnomes

Floriade has a gnome knoll and every year I buy a gnome for the children to decorate. Just a warning - this is something I haven't done with the kids yet

This year Majura Womens Group decided to have a gnome painting session. I wasn't sure if I wanted to paint a gnome, but in the end joined in so I could spend the morning chatting to friends over paint and coffee (I had to keep reminding myself that my coffee was not the water for washing paintbrushes). The morning flew by and having such creative people around me inspired me to a more ambitious gnome - well, more ambitious than a plain coloured dress.

Did you know that this flesh colour on my gnome is pink and yellow? Thanks Kristen. I had to write it down so that I don't forget for when the boys make their ones.

I like to call this one my chameleon gnome. Okay, she does stand out a little on bare rocks, but put her near some flowers and grass, and she will disappear! She came out of a discussion on fashions through the ages. I thought that the early 2000s was iconic for the transparent dresses worn on the catwalk. Not everyone agreed with me, and perhaps it would be a little too risqué, so the chameleon gnome is the see-through G rated version of this.




No comments:

Post a Comment