Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Clay Ornaments

At Majura Womens Group last year we had a session on making clay beads for necklaces. At the end of the session we took home the left over pieces of clay to finish making beads with. It just so happens that that day I was in a rush and my small packet of clay squares were hastily shoved into the cupboard when I came home and forgotten about until this week.

I wondered if it would be possible to roll out the clay and make little Christmas ornaments with them. So I set the boys to work rolling out the clay and cutting out shapes. Once the shapes were cut out the boys decorated them, using a toothpick to scratch drawings on to the clay. Then we simply popped them in the oven to cook for 20 minutes.

These ornaments are destined to decorate Christmas cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment