Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Getting Ready for Spring

I can't wait until the warmer weather comes. With the coming of the warmer weather are the flowers. Just what I need after a long and bleak Canberra Winter.

Even though spring is still a few days away I thought we'd start to decorate the house with spring flowers. Cue the paint and art smocks.


Here we have the canvas on the kitchen bench with a child either side. I thought if I gave each one a colour then there would be no arguments over the paints. So out of necessity we have a sky and grass.



Where would spring be if we didn't have any flowers? James cut various sized circles out of material and we put them together in groups of 3. Then Imogen went through my button collection to find some pretty buttons to decorate the flowers with. Some glue to stick it all together and then we have our flowers made, ready to attach.


Here is the final painting. James dotted the stalks on in a slightly darker green, the clouds were also dotted on with sponges. The sun is glue and an entire packet of glitter. We probably didn't need quite so much glitter, but I wasn't watching when the children tipped it on to the glue! Pity my vacuum cleaner is being repaired as now we have to try and sweep the glitter up.

No comments:

Post a Comment