Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Matchstick Pictures

On opening the cupboard today James discovered a box of matchsticks. And I am not talking about a little box of matchsticks. This is an entire shoebox full of them.

Just looking at the open box brings back memories of hours spent creating little houses after a visit to Cockington Green one year. I was so proud of my efforts and would display them around the house and give them as presents to any of my relatives who happened to visit during this time.

Telling James about all the things I used to make with them gave him an idea. He wanted to build a rocket. I was rather dubious about this until he explained he wanted to make a rocket picture and stick stars on it to make the picture sparkle. He ran back to the cupboard and pulled out a piece of cardboard and the glue.

We used the glue to draw the picture. Then stuck matches on it to make a lasting picture. Pity we didn't have any stars in the cupboard to finish them. Maybe some glitter will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment